How do I burn a Disk Image in Mac OS X El Capitan?
If you noticed recently, Mac OS X El Capitan has removed a lot of handy features from the Disk Utility program–one of them being the ability to burn disk images (DMG or IMG). This used to be a staple feature in Disk Utility. As with most things, Apple has since decided that this is no longer a viable option and simply removed it from Disk Utility, as well as the “clone” feature that also used to be there. In order to burn disk images on Mac OS X El Capitan, here’s what you now have to do instead:
- Head to the Mac OS X Finder
- Select the disk image (DMG or IMG) that you need to burn in the Finder
- Go to the File menu and choose “Burn Disk Image ____ to Disk”
- Insert your blank DVD or CD and click on the Burn button in this window
That’s pretty much it–even though it’s no longer listed in Disk Utility, you can still burn CD or DVD’s of your favorite disk images right in the Mac OS X El Capitan Finder.
Incoming search terms:
- burning ads on el capitan
- dmg wont burn
- el capital dmg
- el capitan disk image dmg